Blog has been silent for a while, life gets in the way at times.
i have written in the past of Vi’s issues, her pain walking. Her surgeries to repair it all. She had calcified blockages in her arteries leading to her legs. Surgeries worked on the right side. That leg is much better. The left side is a different story, if anything it seems to be worse.
We have been waiting for the second follow up with the surgeon to learn about and discuss plan B. With high hopes we went into the meeting to learn really there is no plan B. Surgeon seems convinced that everything possible has been done with the arteries, blood flow is as good as it is going to get.
She feels the pain issues are caused by back problems in the lower spine. She was a bit of a downer several times stating she has never known anyone to have that type of spinal surgery and be happy with the results. I asked, looking at Vi’s file, if this was your mother what would be your recommendation to her. “Learn to live with it”.
She is ordering a Cat Scan which will take place in the next 3-4 weeks. This will definitively show what can or can’t be done.
Vi is a trooper. She is holding up but is struggling with the thought of life going forward being one filled with pain.