Ever had one of those days when you just feel restless or something. You are not quite sure what to do with yourself. Feel like you want to do something or even need to do something but just have no idea a to what.
Talked to Kelly this morning. She is a very very nice lady, a nurse at the heart failure clinic I think I wrote about an appointment I had there a couple of weeks ago and of how I lucked into having a test done immediately. Sort of being in the right place at the right time. I got some, I suppose you would call preliminary results back on the test results. I am sure I will be writing more on that just not in the mood right now.
I came across a saying last night that really struck me. Huh, memory guy here, I can’t remember where I came across it or even the exact wording. It was the message contained in the words that got me. I know I have come across this saying before and maybe even posted about it, don’t remember.
The message was to the effect. “While we are on this adventure of life, why do we take every thing seriouly. It is not like any of us are going to get out of it alive.”
Some thoughts seem to impact on me in different ways at different times. I hope I was able to find the words to get the point of the message across in the way I meant it.
I think about that. We are all people, all individuals in our own ways. Where we are all identical is that each of us was born into this world and each of us will in their own time leave it. Common bonds that we all share and there is no getting away from that, try as we may.
I image our Heavenly Father as having a calendar, one for each of us. On that calendar is stamped two dates. The day we will enter this world and the day we will leave it. We all have that in common.
Where we differ widely is how we will spend the time between those two dates. Our free will gives us that choice on a daily basis. We can live, learn from and enjoy our days, Or we can endure them.
What is my definition of enduring life? I use what is a look back in my own life for that.
To me endure life as opposed to living it is:
– being so caught up on the frenzied speed of the treadmill of live, that each day passes in a blur. We are continually moving at such a frantic pace we take no time to look at and enjoy the beauty of life, of the world around us.
– we struggle with each day, struggle just to get through it. We put our heads down, plodding away. We are so determined to keep moving we have tunnel vision and fail to see the beauty of life or the world around us.
– we find ourselves in an intolerable situation but fail to do anything about it. We fool ourselves into thinking we don’t have the time or energy to change it. We deprive ourselves of the beauty of life or of the world around us.
– Always wanting something more, or something different in our lives. Not stopping to really look, see and appreciate what is already there.
– there are dozens, no more like hundreds or even thousand of excuses we all use as need to justify not living life. We do it without even realizing we are doing it, or realizing what it is we are depriving ourselves of.
Life is the greatest gift of all, what a shame it is to waste something so precious.